Modify Event - Preview and Finalize Event
This screen allows you to preview the
changes to your event before "finishing" the Modify Event Wizard. Once the event has been finalized
you can use the FINISH button to either post your event live to the Calendar(s)
or send it for approval and processing by the department Administrator(s), Facility Owner(s) and/or Category
This is the final screen
in the Modify Event process. You can preview an actual copy of
how the event will appear on the Visitor's front-end interface “Event Details”
This screen may also include additional information at the top of the screen, depending on if Conflict Notifications have been enabled for your Calendar installation. A conflict notification is a warning message and link that allows you to click and preview a list of possible events that may conflict with your event, based off the event's location (location/building/room number) and the event dates and times possibly overlapping. A conflict notification does not require any action and you can still continue with finalizing the addition of your event. However, each conflict notification sceen will provide the email address for the user who submitted the event that may conflict with the event that you are adding. This allows you to easily contact the user to coordinate and resolve the possible conflict if you choose to do so.
Additional Options on this Screen include:
- Go to Event Notification Page: If selected and you click the FINISH button, you will be navigated to the "Send Email Notice" function for this particular event. If you do not have the privilege as a user to send email notices, then this option will not be displayed.
- Do not notify registered event subscribers of event change: If selected and you click the FINISH button, then no registered event subscribers will be sent notifications of your change.
There is also a link to "View Comments" that have been entered about this event by any user or external party who was sent an event notification with internal comments. You can also "Add a Comment" by entering text into the appropriate field and then clicking the "ADD" button.
The top portion of the Pending Event Details screen will include an interactive box with up to three tabs. The default tab displayed is Marketing. However, if the event includes a facility or resource request, then two additional tabs may display for selection.
If no categories (public or private) have been selected for the event then there will be a message displayed under this tab: “No marketing categorization has been selected for this event.”
Otherwise, the marketing tab includes the following information in table format:
Event Marketing Details included at the bottom of the marketing tab area includes the following information:
- Event Date/Time: Each occurrence within a series is listed separately.
- Registration: This column displays as “Enabled” or “Disabled”
- Max Registrants: Displays the maximum number of registrants set for an occurrence if registration is enabled. Displays “Unlimited” if no limit was set or displays blank if registration is not enabled.
- Highlight: Displays a drop-down that includes “Yes” and “No” options for selection by occurrence.
- Status: Displays Pending
- Event Type
- Categorization: List box with categories/subcategories selected for public and/or private calendars.
- Internal Information
- Internal Notes
- Up to four (4) additional fields that are configured by your organization.
If no facilities have been selected for the event then there will be a message displayed under this tab: “No facilities have been selected for this event.”
Otherwise, the facilities tab includes the following information in table format:
Facility Details included at the bottom of the facility tab area includes the following information:
- Details “View” Link Column: This column includes a “View” link beside each row that can be selected in order to change the facility details at the bottom of the tab function window to reflect the details for the particular facility request selected.
- Action Checkbox Column: This column includes a checkbox field beside each row that can be processed by the facility owner viewing this area. Non facility owner user accounts that are accessing this event details area within the admin will see all of the information regarding the status of the facility request(s) but they will not see a checkbox in this column since they can only view the facility requests/status and not process them. It is possible that various facilities (with different owners) are being requested. If this is the case, then there is a possibility that some facility requests will show with checkboxes for processing by a specific facility owner, but others will not. When a facility is denied or approved, it is maintained in the list with the appropriate status and the checkbox is removed for processing.
- Event Date/Time: Each occurrence within a series that includes a facility request will be listed separately. If a specific date/time includes more than one facility request, then that particular date/time will be displayed multiple times in the list for each facility needed. The event date/time is always clickable and if selected refreshes the facility tab window to launch the facilities calendar (gant chart view) that shows the date/time selected for the associate room. It also shows the other rooms that match the criteria of the room selected that are also within the same building and are available on that date/time. Location Owners can then check the availability of the room and usage prior and after event as well as other similar rooms in case the request cannot be accommodated as submitted.
- Facility Requested (Building : Room): This information displays as a link and if selected, opens a pop-up window with the details of that room.
- Status: Pending
- Location: Main Location Name Displays
- Location Owner(s): Number displays as a link that can be clicked to open a pop-up with the name of the owners. (same pop-up displayed other places)
- Room Setup
- Room Setup Time
- Room Tear Down Time
- User Setup Time
- User Tear Down Time
- Setup Notes
- Setup Count
- Room Features
- Internal Notes
If no resources are selected for an event then there will be a message displayed under this tab: “No resource items have been selected for this event.”
Otherwise, the resources tab includes the following information in table format:
- Details “View” Link Column: This column includes a “View” link beside each row that can be selected in order to change the resource details at the bottom of the tab function window to reflect the details for the particular resource item selected.
- Action Checkbox Column: This column includes a checkbox field beside each row that can be processed by the resource owner viewing this area. Users who are not resource owners can access this area but they will only see status of the resources and they will not see a checkbox in this column since they can only view the resource requests/status and not process them. It is possible that resource items are being requested from across multiple resource categories that are owned by different resource owners. If this is the case, then there is a possibility that some resource items will show with checkboxes for processing by a specific resource owner, but others will not. When a resource is denied or approved, it is maintained in the list with the appropriate status and the checkbox is removed for processing.
- Event Date/Time: Each occurrence within a series that includes a resource request will be listed separately. If a specific date/time includes more than one resource item request, then that particular date/time will be displayed multiple times in the list for each resource item needed.
- Resource Requested
- Quantity: The number of resource items being requested.
- Status: Pending
Resource Details included at the bottom of the resources tab area includes the following information:
- Resource Category
- Resource Subcategory
- Resource Owner(s)
- Resource Notes
*NOTE: All information is non-editable from this screen.
Other Buttons and Functions in
DELETE: Navigates you to the delete action confirmation screen for the currently selected event. No modification changes will be saved.
COPY: Navigates you to the Add Event wizard and copies all currently selected event information and automatically pre-populates the appropriate fields. This allows you to create a duplicate event and modify specific information in order to create a new event.
CHANGE LOG: Opens a pop-up window with information on the user who originally added the event and the data and time added, along with the user who last modified the event and the associated date and time it was last modified.
SEND NOTIFICATION: Navigates you to the Send Event Email Notice screen and automatically includes the details for the event currently being viewed.
CANCEL: Can be clicked to cancel your actions and be returned to the Main Menu of Active Data
BACK: Can be clicked to navigate to the previous step in the
Modify process and save any data entered on the previous screens.
details are validated to ensure that they are correctly completed before committing the addition to the database. Once the validation has occurred, then
you will be presented with a confirmation message notifying you that the event
was added successfully.