Free Employment Search Group Begins Jan. 26 at WSCC
It's a new year and a new opportunity to improve your career opportunities through Washington State Community College's free employment search group, Network Alliance. It's open to the entire community, free of charge, and will begin a new seven-week series starting on Thursday, January 26.
Network Alliance is a free weekly gathering to assist and support individuals as they job hunt in the Mid-Ohio Valley. Meetings are held every Thursday morning from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Washington State's campus, room B102 of the main building.
The complete series comprises of seven weeks, and according to Karen Peters, Coordinator of Adult & Lifelong Learning, those interested can attend any number of sessions and join in on any week. The session topics and dates are as listed below.
- Week 1 (January 26): Jump-start Your Employment Search. Informational session covering available support services, education programs and relationship building.
- Week 2 (February 2): Introduction to Resumes and Cover Letters
- Week 3 (February 9): How to Better Understand Different Generations. Silent, Baby Boomers, Gen X & Gen Y.
- Week 4 (February 16): Interview Techniques
- Week 5 (February 23): Mock Interviews – Includes both telephone and in-person interviews.
- Week 6 (March 1): Social Networking – What is Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter?
- Week 7 (March 8): Series Wrap-up – Discuss any remaining questions and how to continue working with Washington County's One Stop.
Network Alliance is a community collaboration with Washington-Morgan Community Action, The Career Center – Adult Technical Training and Washington State Community College.