Multi-craft Certificate Available in Morgan & Washington Counties
A new certificate has been created to respond to the needs of Morgan County businesses. Washington State Community College (WSCC) designed a customized skilled training certificate program – the Multi-craft Certificate, consisting of six courses. The courses will be offered in Morgan County beginning in August and include: Workplace Skills, Industrial Safety & Hazmat, Fundamentals of Engineering, Engineering Drafting, Machining Processes, and Basic Electricity. The Workplace Skills and Industrial Safety & Hazmat courses begin at the Morgan Learning Center on Monday evenings, August 20th.
"The certificate can suit the needs of a variety of people", says Brenda Kornmiller, WSCC dean of business and industrial technologies. "In fact, it was developed in conjunction with local Morgan County businesses with the needs of both employers and employees in mind".
The certificate of completion is geared towards current employees of area businesses desiring to expand their skills, community members looking to get an overview of manufacturing basics, and those who want to take the first step in obtaining an Associate of Technical Studies Degree through WSCC.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize technical problems, identify direct causes, and make simple corrections.
- Gain experience with the use of Industrial and Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
- Learn industrial safety, including tools and techniques for injury/illness prevention.
- Learn the basics of electricity.
- Study engineering careers and computer applications related to engineering practices.
- Learn basic concepts of drafting and operating a Computer-aided Design (CAD) system.
- Practice communication, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and problem solving.
These courses will be offered evenings in Morgan County at the Morgan County Learning Center or on WSCC's main campus in Marietta.
If you are interested in learning more about this certificate, please contact Kris LoFrumento at the Morgan County Learning Center at 740.962.2079.