Network Alliance Offers Free Workshops for Job Seekers Starting January 28th
In a competitive job market, some tricks of the trade can help job seekers increase their odds of obtaining employment. To get an edge over the competition, Network Alliance is offering free, bi-weekly job placement workshops beginning January 28th. Through Network Alliance, participants are able to improve their résumés, cover letters, and interview skills, as well as make valuable connections in the community to help them find employment. This project is a joint effort between Washington State Community College (WSCC), The Career Center – Adult Technical Training, and the Washington-Morgan Community Action Program that aims to help community members during their job search.
In addition to invaluable job seeking information, Network Alliance workshops also allow participants to become more familiar with current technology. Each workshop in this series will be held in a computer lab at WSCC. Nicole Kuhn, Assistant Director of Admissions and Career Services at WSCC, stressed that “being able to use technology is a needed skill in today’s job market. By incorporating technology in the workshops, Network Alliance has become a diverse and multifaceted program that actively works to help the community.”
In addition to all of the skills that can be gained from the series, participants that attend every bi-weekly workshop will also receive a Certificate of Professional Development.
Whether you are a recent graduate, a displaced worker, or just someone looking for a change in careers, these workshops will guarantee that you are prepared to enter the job market. The upcoming schedule of workshops includes:
- “Where to Look for Jobs” – Tuesday, January 28 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at WSCC Room B205 – Finding a job can be a stressful process. Luckily, this workshop will help to take some of the guesswork out of the process. Network Alliance will show you websites to help through this process and share information about the job market.
- “Résumés 101” – Tuesday, February 11 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at WSCC Room B205 – You can’t get a job interview without a good résumé! This workshop will help you learn how to market yourself and your previous work experiences.
- “Cover Letters 101” – Tuesday, February 25 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at WSCC Room B205 – A cover letter is your first opportunity to make a good impression on the hiring manager. This workshop will help you craft a winning cover letter with personal touches.
- “Networking Opportunities: Temporary Employment Agencies and Job Fairs” – Tuesday, March 11 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at WSCC Room B205 – Networking is essential when searching for a job. At this workshop, you can learn all of the ways that a temporary employment agency can assist you in the job hunt as well as how to navigate job fairs for maximum results.
- “Job Interviewing 101” – Tuesday, March 25 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at WSCC Room B205 – Learn what the hiring managers are looking for when they interview candidates, the types of questions they will ask, and other important information about job interviewing.
For more information or to register for a workshop, please contact Nicole Kuhn at WSCC by phone at 740.374.8716 ext. 1880 or over e-mail at email@example.com.