If campus is closed due to inclement weather or emergency, the following procedure is followed:
- The college's Web site will announce the closure.
- Posting on the Washington State Community College Facebook page.
- E-mails will be sent to each student.
- The voice message on the telephone system will be changed.
- For the fastest notification, visit WTAP’s website at www.thenewscenter.tv. If you have a mobile phone we encourage you to subscribe to the WTAPNow text alerts here. There you can find us listed as Wash.State Comm.College. This is the first notification we post and therefore you will receive the latest information at their site.
- Off-site classes at McConnelsville, Warren High School, Noble County, and Federal Hocking will be canceled if classes on the main campus in Marietta are canceled.
- If the hosting facility is closed for the day due to inclement weather, no college classes will be held at that site during the day or evening.
- Always use your own discretion before traveling and advise your instructors if you are unable to make it for a particular reason.
When the campus is on a 2-hour delay, all classes starting before 10 am are canceled*. Classes meeting at 10 am or after will meet at their normal times.
*Certain programs of study may notify students in advance of other procedures to follow.