Evergreen Arts & Humanities Series Step Afrika
How to reserve and pay for Step Afrika tickets
- Click the Step Afrika Tickets button below
- Once at the secure site, fill out the billing and credit card information
- Under additional information select "Step Afrika Tickets" (the last item in the list)
- Ticket(s) will be held at the door the night of the event
- Cash and/or Checks ONLY at the door - Until event is SOLD OUT
Who we are:
The Washington State Community College Foundation was founded in 2003 to identify and generate new resources to support the College's mission and to enhance its institutional goals through fund raising and philanthropic activities designed to produce a positive and beneficial impact upon both the College and the community.
As an independent, 501(c)(3) charitable corporation administered by a Board of Directors, funds and donations given to the Foundation are held separately from those of the college and are used exclusively to support the College's mission. The Foundation exists solely for charitable and educational purposes. Funds raised by the Foundation support, but are not limited to: scholarships, academic initiatives, equipment acquisitions, campus programs, community outreach, and capital improvements.
What we do:
- Raise funds for and manage a growing scholarship program and endowment.
- Seek resources to support and enhance campus life initiatives, such as faculty enrichment programs, academic initiatives, technology enhancements, equipment acquisitions, capital projects, and campus arts programs.
- Identify opportunities to encourage student enrollment, retention, and graduation.
- Philanthropically support the college’s strategic plan for future growth.
- Encourage volunteerism to include community awareness of the college and the academic and social opportunities it offers.
- Work with community agencies, businesses, and industry to develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Strive to maintain a lifelong bond between our graduates and the College.
What we have accomplished:
- Established 42 scholarships.
- Made 234 scholarship awards since 2004 totaling $321,465.
- Built a scholarship endowment in excess of $600,000.
- Provided $310,724 in support to the Evergreen Arts & Humanities Series, Student Emergency Fund, and other programs.
- Provided the college $329,659 for institutional needs, program enhancements, and capital improvements.
- Provided more than $30,000 in direct support to students for course-required equipment, tutoring, childcare, licensing examinations, fingerprinting and background checks, uniforms, and textbooks.
What donor gifts have accomplished:
- Defrayed the cost of education for those who need financial assistance to build a future for themselves and their families.
- Provided new facilities and educational equipment through institutional capital improvement.
- Provided leadership training and educational travel opportunities for students and faculty alike.
- Supported campus arts and cultural events provided to the community without charge.
- Secured the college's future through deferred gifts.
- Kept at-risk students in college.
The Washington State Community College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which maintains its funds apart from those of the College. Gifts made to the Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For more information, please contact us!
Click on the links below to learn more about: