Your Support for these students, their College and its mission helps their College Sustain academic excellence and increase opportunity, and helps students Succeed in realizing their dreams of service to their families, their communities, and their professions.
Educational programs at Washington State Community College are designed to lead directly to employment, mostly with local companies, making Washington State vital to the local economy.
But Washington State offers much more to students and to the community.
For students seeking baccalaureate and graduate degrees, Washington State provides affordable, convenient access to higher education and professional careers.
To meet changing needs, the College offers flexible learning options, including online degrees and courses, while developing new programs.
Cultural enrichment through quality entertainment and educational programs are offered free to the community through the Evergreen Arts & Humanities Series.
Donors may designate their gifts to a specific fund, scholarship, or purpose. However, the Foundation Board respectfully requests that donors to the 2013 Annual Fund designate their gifts for "Greatest Need" as determined by the Board of Directors.
Regardless of amount, every gift to the 2013 Annual Fund will help:
- Defray the cost of education for those who need financial assistance
- Provide new facilities and educational equipment
- Sponsor student leadership training and educational travel opportunities
- Keep at-risk students in college
- Support free arts and cultural events for the community
- Secure the future through deferred gifts
- Gifts make an immediate impact on students and the College — regardless of amount.
Annual Fund Facts:
- In 2012, 51 academic scholarships totaling $92,114 were awarded to 44 of our students.
- In 2012, $4,225 from our Student Emergency Fund helped 10 students through difficult times.
- 70% of our students receive some form of financial assistance to help realize their dreams.
- 85% of our students remain in the area after graduation.
- To date, the Foundation has provided nearly $1,000,000 to our College and our students.
- Faculty and staff support our college through the Foundation.
- 100% of Foundation board members contributed in 2012.
- 100% of College trustees contributed in 2012.
Foundation Mission Statement
The Washington State Community College Foundation is committed to shaping the future and promoting the continuous development of students, faculty, staff, and alumni by providing philanthropic assistance to support the College's mission and objectives and by positively impacting the communities we serve.
The Washington State Community College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable corporation administered by a Board of Directors composed of community leaders and institutional representatives. Gifts made to the Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and are used exclusively to support the College's mission, its programs, and its students.