Other Sources of Financial Aid

student with braces

Veterans Benefits Montgomery G.I. Bill
Our VA representative (Ren'ee Rector) will need a copy of your DD-214 and an enrollment form to start the process. Forms are available in the Records office.

Vocational Rehabilitation
Veterans, with service-connected disabilities rated 20 percent or more, may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation. For more information contact the nearest Veterans Administration office.

Dependents of Veterans
The War Orphans Educational Assistance Act (Public Law 634) provides educational assistance for some children of deceased or permanently disabled veterans. Applications are available from the nearest Veterans Administration office.

Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR)
Handicapped students may be eligible for educational assistance from the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation. Assistance may be provided for tuition, fees, and books. For those students living away from home, consideration for assistance may be made for room and board. Contact the nearest BVR office for additional information.

Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
The Workforce Investment Act was enacted in 1983 to assist the unemployed or underemployed in securing jobs or training. Students who qualify can have direct college cost (tuition, fees, books) covered by WIA. Students may contact the WIA office in their home counties for more information.

Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program
Applicants must be Ohio residents who enlist or reenlist in the Ohio National Guard on or after September 1, 1977 and enroll or intend to enroll in participating Ohio institutions as full-time undergraduate students. Applications can be obtained from local National Guard representatives.

You are here: Home Financial Aid Other Sources of Aid


email-icon-blue CONTACT US

  • Washington State Community College
  • 710 Colegate Drive
  • Marietta, Ohio 45750 USA
  • 740.374-8716
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.