Washington State Community College
offers the following types of Aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Student Loans
- Federal Workstudy Program
- Other Sources of Financial Aid
FAFSA Priority Processing and Verification Dates:
Following are the dates students should have their FAFSA and verification completed for the year. Even if the FAFSA and verification are not completed by the following dates, students may still apply for financial aid. However, the aid may not be available to assist in the paying of tuition and fees by the stated fee payment deadlines. In those cases, WSCC offers a payment plan that can help students maintain enrollment until financial aid processing is complete.
|Term||FAFSA Filing Dates||Verification Submission Dates|
|Spring 2015||November 14, 2014||November 28, 2014|
|Summer 2015||May 1, 2015||May 15, 2015|
|Fall 2015||June 26, 2015||July 10, 2015|
|Spring 2016||November 13, 2015||November 27, 2015|
Direct Loan Deadlines:
In order for student loans to be disbursed students must complete the following:
- Accept or Reject your loans- Log into your My WSCC account, navigate to WebAdvisor, under the Financial Aid Section accept or reject your loan(s).
- Entrance Counseling- Complete Entrance Counseling by visiting studentloans.gov.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)- Complete your MPN by visiting studentloans.gov. You will use the same student PIN number as you did to sign your FAFSA.
The Department of Education will not release funds to the school until these requirements are fulfilled.
|Term||Direct Loan Deadline|
|Spring 2015||March 15, 2015 at 4:30pm|
|Summer 2015||June 15, 2015 at 4:30pm|
|Fall 2015||October 15, 2015 at 4:30pm|
|Spring 2016||March 15, 2016 at 4:30pm|
In compliance with public law 93-380 as amended (Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974), all information received in connection with application for financial aid is held in the strictest confidence.
Exit Counseling is required for students who have graduated from or students who are not returning to Washington State Community College.
For graduates and non-returning students with Federal DIRECT loans: you can begin Exit Counseling by clicking HERE.