Hello OU Bobcat!
We’re glad that you’re considering a course at Washington State Community College. We work regularly with students, just like you, who are enrolled at a four-year institution and need a course for transfer back to their home institution. Whether you need the course to get ahead or get back on track, we’re here to help. And with our Ohio Transfer Module (TM) courses, you’ll have the confidence that the transfer process will be seamless.
As a busy college student, we know that you’re pressed for time. That’s why we make the registration for all transient/guest students quick and easy. Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Apply for admission. Your first step to taking classes as a transient/guest student is to apply for admission to Washington State, using our free online application. IMPORTANT: Please choose the following options when you apply so we can process your application correctly:
- Are you a transient student? Select: Yes
- What is your academic intent? Select: Transfer 4-Year College
- Meet with your advisor at Ohio University. Review Washington State course descriptions, and choose the course(s) that work for your major and your schedule. Then, meet with your academic advisor at OU to discuss your plans and ensure that the transfer will be seamless. View the WSCC Course Catalog here.
- The online tool Transferology.com can be used to find course equivalencies for many institutions. Select "Search for equivalent courses" to see how specific courses will transfer between Washington State and Ohio University.
- Access your student portal. Once you're accepted, you’ll receive an email with information on how to access MyWSCC and set up your student email account. This is an important step. Be sure not to skip it.
- Submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. In order to register for courses at Washington State without coming to campus, you must submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. You should be signed into your WSCC Google account prior to opening the form. In order to access the form, no other Gmail accounts can be open. You will be asked to provide information about your home institution and desired Washington State course(s) including department name and course number (ie. MATH 1151).
- Register for classes. Once you complete the Transient/Guest Registration Form, you’ll receive confirmation from our Advising Office in Student Services that your registration has been processed. Once processed, you’ll be able to view your course schedule in WebAdvisor. A copy of your schedule will also be sent to your WSCC email.
- Finalize Financial Plans & Pay Fees. Contact the Financial Aid Office at Ohio University for questions you may have about using financial aid funds from OU to pay for your course(s) at WSCC. If you don’t plan on using financial aid, make sure to pay your bill in full by the published Washington State fee payment deadline dates.
- You can pay in full conveniently online through WebAdvisor. Payment plans are also available but must be set up in person at the WSCC Business Office.
- Send official Washington State transcripts to Ohio University. After your final grades post, you will need to send an official transcript from Washington State to OU. You can request to have your official transcripts sent via WebAdvisor.