Announcing The WSCC Honors Program's New Honors Option Initiative!
Click here for more information.
The WSCC Honors Program nurtures the talents of our most academically gifted and motivated students. With emphasis placed on collaboration with faculty and peers, intellectual advancement, and service learning, the students develop as creative and critical thinkers in the 21st Century, and prepare to become leaders in this community and beyond.
Students in the WSCC Honors Program can anticipate the following:
- Small class sizes
- Intellectually rigorous courses
- Collaboration with faculty
- Honors Seminar / Colloquium (non-credit)
- Personalized advising
- Co-curricular opportunities
- Research opportunities
- Cultural enrichment
- Service learning
- Assistance with the transfer process
The following is required for admission to the program:
- Completed application (with essay component)
- Strong performance on a standardized test (ACCUPLACER and ACT)
- 2 letters of recommendation
Official Honors Courses offered for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
English Composition I
English Composition II
Introduction to Film
Introduction to Sociology
Introduction to Physics
Introduction to Biology
(NOTE: These courses will not be offered in both semesters, so please inquire about their availability)
Acceptance into the WSCC Honor's Program involves a competitive admissions process. Initially, interested students submit the WSCC Honors application packet, which includes a completed application form (with an essay component), ACT scores, two letters of recommendation, and transcripts.
The Honors Committee will then review each application packet, and students selected for the final phase of the admission process will be invited to campus for an interview with the committee. Those chosen for admission into the Honors Program will be notified within two weeks of the interview.
- Minimum requirements for admission include a 3.0 GPA and an ACT score of 18.
- Minimum requirements to become a WSCC Honors Program graduate include the following:
- Students who begin the program in their second year at WSCC must take 2 – 4 Honors courses (6 – 12 credit hours)
- Students who begin the program in their first year at WSCC must take 4 – 6 Honors courses (12 – 18 credit hours)
Other requirements include service learning and attendance at special Honors lectures.
The deadline for applications is April 1st; however, if you’ve missed this deadline and want to be a part of this exciting new program, please contact us! We’d love to hear from you!
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wscchonorsprogram/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wscchonorsprogram/
Dr. Christina Veladota
Associate Professor, English & Literature
Washington State Community College
Arts & Sciences, Room 255
710 Colegate Drive
Marietta, OH 45750