Employees and students are required to follow the below protocols established in conjunction with the Health Department:
- Get tested if you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Testing should be completed within 24 hours of the individual becoming symptomatic.
- Only COVID-19 viral testing is recommended at this time for symptomatic patients.
- Notify WSCC if you have symptoms or receive a positive test result. Employees and students should complete the COVID-19 Notification Form.
- Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-related symptoms (fever, chronic cough, shortness of breath) or if you were in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- While waiting on test results, DO NOT report to campus.
- If the test is negative, stay home until you are free of fever (without the use of medication) for at least 72 hours (three full days) AND at least seven days have passed since symptoms first began.
- If the test is positive, DO NOT report to campus. Follow instructions from the Health Department. While you are required to report your test results to WSCC, the Health Department will also notify the College as part of contact tracing procedures.
Employees and students are required to be tested if they are symptomatic.
Test Processing Partner
WSCC has partnered with Marietta Memorial Physicians Care Express at 800 Pike Street, Marietta, OH; 740-373-3960; for testing. If you do not have health insurance, please contact Human Resources (employees) or the Center for Student Success (students) for assistance.
Local COVID-19 testing sites are listed below or available on this list of local testing sites. Cost varies, be sure to ask. While waiting on test results, isolate yourself at home.
- Marietta Memorial Physicians Care Express, 800 Pike Street, Marietta, OH; 740-373-3960
- Quality Care Associates, 416 Front Street, Marietta, OH; 740-236-4131
- Walgreens, 300 Green Street, Marietta, OH; 740-374-1015
- Med Express, 2832 Pike Street #1, Parkersburg, WV; 304-489-3815
- Med Express, 1500 Grand Central Avenue #115, Vienna, WV; 304-485-3627
These requirements will be updated as new information about the virus develops and we monitor and evaluate data. (Last updated July 30, 2020)