Start here. Go far.
To begin the process, all students should attend a CCP info session at their high school (usually held in December or January). For more detailed information, families should also attend a CCP Planning Session at WSCC (held in the early spring).
To be considered for admission to the Early College Academy (CCP at Washington State or online), follow these steps:
- Submit the Letter of Intent to your high school by April 1* (extended to May 1).
- Complete the Early College Academy online application or complete the paper application.
- Submit the Early College Academy High School Academic Plan, completed and signed by your high school guidance counselor.
- Submit your official high school transcript.** Ask for ACT/SAT scores to be included on high school transcript. If you have college credit from another institution, please request an official college transcript be sent to WSCC from that institution.
- Complete the placement test as determined by your CCP academic advisor at WSCC. Don’t forget to prep for your test.***
- Make an advising appointment with a WSCC CCP academic advisor at 740.568.1930 to get registered. Thinking about online courses? Complete our FREE online readiness course.
- After registering for CCP classes at WSCC, take a copy of your college schedule to your high school guidance counselor.
- Attend CCP Fall Orientation at WSCC (usually held in July and August).
*All students MUST submit a Letter of Intent to their high school by April 1. These letters can be accepted as early as February 15. Students who attend a non-public high school or are home-schooled must submit their Letter of Intent to the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) by April 1.
** For Summer and Fall 2020 CCP student placement, WSCC will be able to accept unofficial academic documents from the student, including printed SAT or ACT results, high school report cards, and similar items. The student and family may submit these documents directly to the CCP advisor.
***Due to high school and college campus closures in Spring 2020 from the COVID-19 virus, WSCC plans to offer remote Accuplacer testing for students using a Zoom video format. The CCP office will offer this testing option to students beginning May 4 for Summer/Fall 2020 placement testing. For new students taking courses at the high school (dual enrollment), we are exploring possible late-summer testing options at the high school. Contact a WSCC CCP advisor for more details.
Note: If you’re interested in taking CCP classes at your high school, WSCC will coordinate the entire enrollment process with your guidance office. However, you must make sure that you submit your Letter of Intent by April 1.