Take classes online or in person this summer to catch up or get ahead.
Guest (Transient) Students
Choose from a variety of courses that meet your home college's program needs.
View the course snapshot below to see some of our most popular summer course offerings for guest students. Don’t see the class you need? Visit the full course schedule for all of our classes.
Course Offering Snapshot
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|BIOL 1510||Intro to Nutrition||3|
|BIOL 101L||Principles of Biology Lab||1|
|BIOL 1010||Principles of Biology||3|
|BIOL 2310||Human Anatomy & Physiology I||3|
|BIOL 231L||Human Anatomy & Physiology I Lab||1|
|BIOL 2320||Human Anatomy & Physiology II||3|
|BIOL 232L||Human Anatomy & Physiology II Lab||1|
|BUSM 1600||PC Applications||3|
|BUSM 1660||Business Law||3|
|CHEM 1210||Principles of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 121L||Principles of Chemistry I Lab||1|
|ECON 2130||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON 2120||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|LITR 2720||Survey of Women's Literature||3|
|MATH 0106||Math Essentials||4|
|MATH 2110||Principles of Statistics||4|
|MATH 2130||College Algebra||4|
|PHIL 1300||Intro to Ethics||3|
|PSYC 1010||General Psychology||3|
|PSYC 2700||Developmental Psychology||3|
|ENGL 1510||English Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1520||English Composition II||3|
|MUSC 1200||Music Appreciation||3|
|POLS 1030||State & Local Government||3|
|POLS 2050||Global Issues||3|
|SOCI 1010||Intro to Sociology||3|
If you’re currently enrolled at another college and want to take courses at Washington State to transfer them back to your home institution, you are transient/guest student. Transient students are not required to submit high school and/or college transcripts to WSCC. We welcome you to Washington State and look forward to helping you on your educational journey!
Follow the steps below to enroll as a transient/guess student at WSCC:
- Your first step to taking classes as a transient/guest student is to apply for admission to Washington State, using our online application. IMPORTANT: Please choose the following options when you apply so we can process your application correctly:
- Are you a transient student? Select: Yes
- What is your academic intent? Select: Transfer 4-Year College
- Meet with your advisor at your home college. You’ll want to determine which courses are right for your program of study at your home college, and work with your advisor to ensure they will transfer in and apply toward your degree.
- Determine the Washington State prerequisites course and course equivalents. Review Washington State course descriptions, and choose the course(s) that work for your major and your schedule. Then, meet with the academic advisor at your home institution to discuss your plans and ensure that the transfer will be seamless. View the WSCC Course Catalog here.
- The online tool Transferology.com can be used to find course equivalencies for many institutions. Select "Search for equivalent courses" to see how specific courses will transfer between Washington State and your home institution.
- Once you're accepted, you will receive an email with information on how to access MyWSCC and set up your student email account. This is an important step. Be sure not to skip it.
- Submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. In order to register for courses at Washington State without coming to campus, you must submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. You will be asked to provide information about your home institution and desired Washington State course(s) including department name and course number (ie. MATH 2110).
- Register for Classes. Once you complete the Transient/Guest Registration Form, you’ll receive confirmation from our Records Office that your registration has been processed. Once processed, you’ll be able to view your course schedule in Student Planning. A copy of your schedule will also be sent to your WSCC email.
- Finalize Financial Plans & Pay Fees. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your home institution for questions you may have about paying tuition at your home college while you attend Washington State, or using Financial Aid funds received from your home college.
- All fees must be paid by the published Washington State fee payment deadline dates. You can pay in full conveniently online through Student Planning. Payment plans are also available but must be set by contacting the WSCC Business Office.
- Send Official Washington State Transcripts to Home Institution. After your final grades post, you will need to send an official transcript from Washington State to your home institution. You can request to have your official transcripts sent via Student Planning.
Want to Stay Longer?
If you decide to seek a degree or certificate at Washington State, please have your official transcript sent from your home institution to the WSCC Records Office. You’ll also need to declare a major by filling out a change of major form available at the Records Office. Once you’ve declared a major, you will be assigned to an Academic Advisor in your program of study.
Still have questions? We’re happy to help. Contact Admissions at 740.568.1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Already attending WSCC? Check out the summer course schedule to plan your classes now.
Get in touch with your advisor to register. Login to your student planning and click on the advisor tab to send your advisor a note.
If you are looking at starting here for the first time, contact Admissions to determine your next steps.