2012 Evergreen Scholarship For West Virginia Residents
Washington State Community College is excited to announce the NEW Evergreen Scholarship Program available exclusively for West Virginia residents.* The Evergreen Scholarship Program for West Virginia residents is intended to encourage enrollment in designated programs at Washington State Community College (WSCC). WSCC will award up to 45 scholarships to students based on the strength of the applicants. Scholarship awards shall be applied to the cost of tuition only. The per student scholarship award is $1200.00 per term ($2400.00 per year) with a maximum of $4800.00 over a two-year period.
*West Virginia residents of Brooke, Hancock, Jackson, Marshall, Ohio, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wetzel, Wirt and Wood counties.
These $4,800 scholarships ($2,400 per year) are available to students who enroll in one of the following WSCC degrees:
- Digital Technologies - Interactive/Simulation
- Digital Technologies - Computer Graphics
- Electrical Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Industrial Technology - Design Drafting
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Process Technician
- Be a resident of one of the following West Virginia Counties: Brooke, Hancock, Jackson, Marshall, Ohio, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wetzel, Wirt and Wood.
- Enrollment in one of the following WSCC degrees (dual majors are not permitted):
- Associate of Science - Geoscience
- Associate of Applied Business - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Associate of Applied Business - Executive Administrative Assistant
- Associate of Applied Business – Digital Technologies-Interactive/Simulation
- Associate of Applied Business – Digital Technologies-Computer Graphics
- Associate of Applied Science - Electrical Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Associate of Applied Science - Industrial Technology - Design Drafting
- Associate of Applied Science - Process Technician
- Associate of Applied Science - Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Must maintain a full-time student enrollment status (12 or more credit hours)
- New student out of high school three years or less: 3.25 cumulative high school GPA
- New student out of high school more than 3 years or new student with a GED: place into Math 1110 and English 1510 based on COMPASS assessment scores
- Current WSCC Student: 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at WSCC and continuous, full time enrollment of 12 or more credit hours (excluding summer term). Grades will be reviewed after each term.
- Students must submit a signed registration form to the Office of Financial Aid from their academic advisor to activate the scholarship each term.
WV Evergreen Scholarship Application click here. All application materials must be received by July 1, 2012.
- Complete a Washington State Community College Application for Admission.
- Complete and submit this scholarship application form.
- Have a copy of your high school transcript/GED forwarded to the WSCC Admissions Office.
- Submit a 2012-2013 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov.
Return application materials by July 1, 2012 to:
Financial Aid Office
Washington State Community College
710 Colegate Drive
Marietta, OH 45750