Quality Academics and Excellent Support
- Are you currently enrolled or do you plan to enroll in online courses at Washington State Community College?
- Will you live outside of Ohio during your attendance at WSCC?
If you answered yes to both questions, the following state authorization information applies to you.
Washington State Community College has been approved by the State of Ohio to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. View all SARA States & Institutions.
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.
- Expands access to educational offerings.
- Should lead to better resolution of complaints from students in SARA states.
- Reduces a rapidly growing institutional cost that is in one way or another passed along -to students.
- Should enhance overall quality of distance education