On Monday, April 27th, Washington State Community College was granted $463,116 in Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding to provide student emergency grants. To receive these grants, students must apply through the HEERF Emergency Grant Application, be Title IV eligible, be enrolled at Washington State Community College, and have been attending at least one in person course when courses were changed to remote delivery.
In addition to disbursing these funds, WSCC must report to the public within 30 days of receipt of the funds how the funds are being used. Please find our "30 day" report below (all numbers will be updated every 45 days).
HEERF Fund Declaration Reporting
- Washington State Community College has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and assures it will use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The institution received a total of $463,116 for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- The institution has distributed a total of $147,658 as of May 7, 2020.
- Washington State Community College estimates 629 students are eligible for the Emergency Financial Aid Grant Funds based on student eligibility under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and fully online restrictions.
- A total of 184 students have been awarded a HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grant as so May 7, 2020.
- The Office of Financial Aid is using an application process with qualifying categories to allow students to request funds for their expenses. Each category has an internal maximum that is used to determine the maximum grant a student can receive. In addition, WSCC has set a per student maximum of $1,500.
- All eligible students were notified by voice message, text message, and by email of their eligibility and application process. The email included a link to the application.
- Once the application is submitted, the Office of Financial Aid will approve or deny the application within 7 days and the business office will transmit weekly.