Campus Closure/Delay Procedure
If there are campus closures or delays, the following procedure is followed:
- Announcement on the college's homepage: www.wscc.edu.
- Posting on the Washington State Community College Facebook page.
- E-mails will be sent to each student's college email address.
- Voice message on the telephone system will be changed.
- Phone call will be sent to all students, staff, and faculty (Note: You should verify that your phone number on file is correct)
- For the fastest notification, visit WTAP’s website at www.thenewscenter.tv. If you have a mobile phone we encourage you to subscribe to the WTAPNow text alerts here. There you can find us listed as Wash.State Comm.College. This is the first notification we post and therefore you will receive the latest information at their site.
- Note: College Credit Plus students taking classes on campus at WSCC should follow WSCC closures NOT high school closures. If WSCC is open, students should report to CCP class.
- Important: Always use your own discretion before traveling and advise your instructors if you are unable to make it for a particular reason.
When the campus is on a 2-hour delay, all classes starting before 10 am are canceled*. Classes meeting at 10 am or after will meet at their normal times. The campus, and its offices, will open at 9:30am in the event of a 2-hour delay. The cancellation of evening classes will be announced by 3:30pm.
*Certain programs of study may notify students in advance of other procedures to follow.
Individual Class Cancellations
For Individual Class Cancellations Click Here.