Transferring from WSCC to Another College: A Step-by-Step Guide
Determine the field(s) of study or major(s) you wish to pursue, and the four-year college/university you want to attend after completing classes at WSCC.
Contact the WSCC Center for Student Success to meet with the Transition Coordinator.
Call the Admissions Office of the institution in which you are interested. Schedule a campus visit with the transfer institution's admission office. During your visit, ask to:
- Meet with the admissions transfer representative
- Meet with the financial aid counselor
- Meet with the faculty/staff representative from your future major
- Tour the campus and future classroom sites
Take with you to your visit:
- Copy of your transcript and current class schedule (if you are still in class)
- Current Washington State Catalog
- List of questions regarding deadlines, cost, fees, housing, registration, transfer credit, job placement opportunities, scholarships.
Once you have applied to a four-year college/university, you will need to have your Washington State transcript sent to that institution so your WSCC credits can be evaluated. You may do this by contacting the WSCC Records Office. NOTE: Transcripts are only considered to be official if they are sent directly from the Records Office to the receiving institution.
If you are planning to use financial aid at your new college/university, make sure you file your FAFSA and add the new college’s school code. Remember, financial aid does not automatically travel with you from college to college. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your new college to make sure that you have completed any and all necessary paperwork to finalize your aid.
Finally, be sure to keep a complete copy of the course descriptions for all courses you have taken at Washington State. These descriptions can be found in the WSCC Catalog.