Degree-seeking Student (Both on-campus and online)
Ready to start your journey toward a college education? We’re glad you’re considering a degree or certificate at Washington State! Anyone who is a graduate of an accredited high school or has passed the GED examination is eligible for admission as a degree-seeking student.
Follow the steps below to enroll at WSCC as a degree-seeking student:
- First, complete our free application for admission. If you’re considering a health program, you’ll also need to complete the application packet for the program of your choice. Health application packets are available here.
- Submit your official transcript(s). High school transcripts or high school equivalency (such as a GED) should be sent to the WSCC Admissions Office. Official college transcripts should be sent to the WSCC Records Office for evaluation to determine course transfer.
- Access your Washington State email and MyWSCC. Once you’re accepted, you will receive an email with information on how to access MyWSCC and set up your student email account. Remember to check your WSCC email often for important information.
- Apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA and include WSCC’s school code, 010453, at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to also apply for WSCC scholarships.
- Complete the placement assessment process to determine math & English course placement. You can choose the method of assessment that is used for placement.
- Submit official ACT or SAT scores (scores are valid for two years)
- Submit an official high school transcript (if you’ve graduated in the last two years)
- Take the free Accuplacer test on the WSCC campus. Contact the WSCC Advising Office at 740.568.1930 to schedule your test. Don’t forget to prep before the test. Prep materials are available here.
- If you’re an online student, check out the remote testing procedure here.
- Register for classes and set up payment arrangements. Remember to register early for the best selection of course times and formats. All fees must be paid by the published Washington State fee payment deadline dates. You can pay in full conveniently online through WebAdvisor. Payment plans are also available, but must be set up in person at the WSCC Business Office.
- Finally, complete our mandatory new student orientation. Yep, it’s mandatory because student success begins with a great orientation.
Still have questions? We’re happy to help. Contact Admissions at 740.568.1900 or email@example.com for more information.