If you’re currently enrolled at another college and want to take courses at Washington State to transfer them back to your home institution, you are transient/guest student. Transient students are not required to submit high school and/or college transcripts to WSCC. We welcome you to Washington State and look forward to helping you on your educational journey!
Follow the steps below to enroll as a transient/guess student at WSCC:
- Apply for admission. Your first step to taking classes as a transient/guest student is to apply for admission to Washington State, using our online application. IMPORTANT: Please choose the following options when you apply so we can process your application correctly:
- Use a personal email address (such as Google, Yahoo, etc.) instead of your school email; some colleges/universities will filter out emails from other colleges.
- Select “Yes” when asked if you are a transient student.
- Meet with your advisor at your home college. You’ll want to determine which courses are right for your program of study at your home college, and work with your advisor to ensure they will transfer in and apply toward your degree.
- Decide what classes you want to take.
- Search our course schedule for available courses.
- Course descriptions are available in the WSCC course catalog.
- Use Transferology.com to find course equivalencies for many institutions. Select “Search for equivalent courses” to see how specific courses will transfer between Washington State and your home institution.
- Set up your MyWSCC account. After you’ve been accepted, you’ll receive an email with instructions about setting up your account, which is how you’ll access your WSCC email and any online classes. Don’t skip this step.
- Submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. In order to register for courses at Washington State without coming to campus, you must submit the Transient/Guest Registration Form. You will be asked to provide information about your home institution and desired Washington State course(s) including department name and course number (ie. MATH 2110).
- Register for classes. Once you complete the Transient/Guest Registration Form, you’ll receive confirmation from our Records Office that your registration has been processed. Once processed, you’ll be able to view your course schedule in Student Planning. A copy of your schedule will also be sent to your WSCC email.
- Pay tuition & fees. All fees must be paid by the published WSCC fee payment deadline date. You can pay in full conveniently online through Student Planning. Payment plans are also available.
- Questions about payment options? Contact the WSCC Business Office.
- If you’d like to see about using your financial aid from your home institution to pay for courses at Washington State, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your home college/university.
- Get your books. Search for your textbooks/materials using the WSCC Bookstore website.
- Transfer your credits. After your final grades post, you will need to send an official transcript from Washington State to your home institution. You can request to have your official transcripts sent via Student Planning.
Want to Stay Longer?
If you decide to seek a degree or certificate at Washington State, please have your official transcripts from your current institution and a copy of your official high school transcripts sent to the WSCC Records Office. You’ll also need to declare a major by filling out a change of major form available at the Records Office. Once you’ve declared a major, you will be assigned to an Academic Advisor in your program of study.
Still have questions? We’re happy to help. Contact Admissions at 740.568.1900 or email@example.com for more information.