Convenience doesn’t have to be at the expense of quality. At Washington State, we’re proud to offer a variety of programs entirely online. Our online courses are mirror images of what is taught on our physical campus, and they are taught by faculty who have been specially trained to teach in the online environment.
Follow the steps below to enroll as an online student at WSCC:
- First, complete our free application for admission. Only certain programs can be completed 100% online. For a complete list of WSCC’s online programs, click here. If you are not an Ohio resident, learn more about State Authorization Regulations here.
- Submit your official transcript(s). High school transcripts or high school equivalency (such as a GED) should be sent to the WSCC Admissions Office. Official college transcripts should be sent to the WSCC Records Office for evaluation to determine course transfer.
- Access your Washington State email and MyWSCC. Once you’re accepted, you will receive an email with information on how to access MyWSCC and set up your student email account. Remember to check your WSCC email often for important information.
- Familiarize yourself with WSCC’s online course environment by taking our free one-week Online Readiness Course. No commitment. No grade. Just a chance to try out the online format to make sure it’s a good fit for you.
- Apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA and include WSCC’s school code, 010453, at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to also apply for WSCC scholarships. If you plan on using financial aid in an online program at WSCC, you will be asked to verify your identity and high school or GED completion by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Complete the placement assessment process to determine math & English course placement. You can choose the method of assessment that is used for placement.
- Submit official ACT or SAT scores (scores are valid for two years)
- Submit an official high school transcript (if you’ve graduated in the last two years)
- Take the free Accuplacer test on the WSCC campus. Contact the WSCC Advising Office at 740.568.1930 to schedule your test. Don’t forget to prep before the test. Prep materials are available here.
- As an online student, you can opt to take your assessment test remotely. Check out the remote testing procedure here.
- Register for classes and set up payment arrangements. Remember to register early for the best selection of course times and formats. All fees must be paid by the published Washington State fee payment deadline dates. You can pay in full conveniently online through WebAdvisor. Payment plans are also available but must be set up in person at the WSCC Business Office.
- Finally, complete our mandatory new student orientation. Yep, it’s mandatory because student success begins with a great orientation.
Still have questions? We’re happy to help. Contact Admissions at 740.568.1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.