The Bridge to College Program is an early college option offered exclusively for WV residents interested in attending WSCC while still in high school.
Why take college courses before you earn your diploma?
Get a jump start on college by earning college credits while you're still in high school. As a Bridge to College student, you'll also have the added benefit of a significant reduction in tuition.
Starting early means you can complete general education credits that transfer to the two- or four-year college of your choice and start college ahead.
Learn more about transfer agreements.
Take classes online or on campus in areas that interest you. Whether your career plans are set or you’re looking to try out different fields, the Bridge to College Program lets you get hands-on experience as you explore different areas of study.
To participate in the Bridge to College option, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior in high school during the 2020-2021 school year*
- Meet the placement requirements or prerequisites for the course
- Reside in one of our WV reciprocity counties (Brooke, Hancock, Jackson, Marshall, Ohio, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wetzel, Wirt and Wood Counties)
*Juniors and Seniors can take up to two courses per semester. Sophomores can take up to one course per semester.
Bridge to College students pay $49 per credit hour ($116 less than our current tuition rate) in addition to course fees and books.
Bridge to College Costs
|WV Bridge to College||WSCC (Ohio & WV Reciprocity Resident)||WSCC (WV Non-Reciprocity Resident)|
|Tuition for 3-credit hour course*||$147||$495||$498|
*Does not include course fees, books, or other expenses.
How to Enroll
Seats are limited. If you’re considering Bridge to College and meet the eligibility requirements you can start the enrollment process by contacting the Office of Advising at 740.568.1930 to learn more or following the steps below. Click here to view the Course Schedule.
- Complete the Early College Options online application or complete the paper application.
- Submit your official high school transcript. Ask for ACT/SAT scores to be included on the high school transcript. If you have college credit from another institution, please request an official college transcript be sent to WSCC from that institution.
- Complete the placement test as determined by your academic advisor at WSCC. Don’t forget to prep for your test.
- Make an advising appointment with your WSCC academic advisor at 740.568.1930 to get registered. Thinking about online courses? Complete our FREE online readiness course.